EnglishSimp ChineseTradChinese


  » Home

  » Visitors, Students, Workers

  » Immigration: Economic Classes

  » Immigration: Family Classes

  » Refugee Protection

  » PR Card Renewal

  » Citizenship Application

  » Appeal: Family Class

  » Appeal: PR Residency Obligation

  » Appeal: Removal Order

  » Admissibility Hearing

  » Detention Review

  » Consulting: Business

  » Consulting: Education

  » Translation and Interpreting

  » Settlement Service

  » Realty Service

  » FAQ's

  » Contact Us

  » Resource Links

  » FTP Login


Consulting: Education for International Students

For many reasons, Canada is a popular place for international students. Canada welcomes international students and even encourages those who have graduated and worked in Canada for a year to apply for permanent residency under the Canadian Experience Class or various provincial nominee programs.

A foreign national may be permitted to study at a Canadian university, college, secondary school or primary school or take any course of academic, professional or vocational training. A study permit is usually required unless under certain circumstances such as the duration of the course or program is not longer than 6 months and will be completed within the period authorized for their stay in Canada.

Please note: a study permit should not be called a "student visa", which does not exist.

In most cases, a study permit has to be applied for at a visa office outside Canada. If a foreign national who applies for a study permit requires a temporary resident visa to enter Canada, it is not necessary to make a separate visa application; an officer will issue the visa at the same time as the study permit.

If a foreign national arrives at a port of entry without a study permit approval or application and intends to study in Canada, he/she may be subject to an exclusion order that prohibits him/her from entering Canada for a year without a return authorization. If a temporary resident engages in unauthorized study in Canada, he/she may be subject to an exclusion order.

We also provide education-related consulting services such as searching for, recommending and assisting in application for admission into suitable schools, colleges or universities in Canada.


©2013 C&E Consulting Services, All Rights Reserved.
Steve's free web templates